Saturday, June 1, 2013

Some Photos



 These are just some photos that I have taken over the course of the trip. Things that have been visually really attractive, and in their creation a learning experience. Above is Musee Pompidou, which house's more modern and contemporary works. The Pompidou was a really wonderful experience, I was able to see works that I have been looking at online for my entire MIAD career, and to see them in person is amazing. One of the more famous works I saw was the Fountain, (R.Mutt), It's so funny because I have seen that a million times online and was expecting greatness. When I got to the piece, it was a little lack luster. but I guess that really part of the piece though. I feel like after all my travels throughout the world I have seen almost every Picasso Piece. Okay maybe not every but I've seen quite a bit. The Pompidou had many many pieces. Below are also photos from a slide show I did comparing Picasso and Hans Bellmer and how they have depicted women throughout their works. Doing little assignments like that have been nice in way to take you a step back from the seeing all the time and bring you to the understanding. 


This is an image looking up at the Pantheon, also a pretty remarkable place, although at the moment they are having some structural issue. Which is funny because Rome did this way before Paris and they are still standing strong. 



No comments:

Post a Comment