Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Inspiration, Self-exploration

Dynamo was a visually, physically and mentally engaging exhibition. 

Link to - L’exposition Dynamo

L’exposition Dynamo - "AROUND THE NOTIONS OF VISION AND SPACE, LIGHT AND MOVEMENT IN ART, DISCOVER DYNAMO WITH SERGE LEMOINE, GENERAL CURATOR"


After lunch at the Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Beux-Arts (ENSBA...(May 27, 2013) I had no definitive for the traverse of my day from thereon.

The executive decision was made to take the train towards the Champs-Élysées and walk around from there. My eyes, fixated on a poster...DYNAMO was spelt out in a type that objectively appeared to be fashioned of neon lights themselves. 
"Do you like contemporary art?" muttered a close by lady 
to her friend. It then struck me...





"The notions of vision and space, light and movement in art" (on the brochure)...this is an exhibit I've been dying to attain in the duration of my visit in Paris. Eagerly,..I ascended the stairs, purchased a ticket. At the time of entry to the exhibit - Dynamo featured at the Grand Palais, my body froze. Delight overcame my entire body. I was awestruck. The entire exhibition was highly inspirational and the connection I felt to many of these works was overwhelming. Quite frankly, I had a few teary-eyed moments. 

Two memorable moments in Dynamo had to be James Turrell, Cherry, 1998. and experiencing hands on...
Ann Veronica Janssens, Daylight blue, sky blue, medium blue, yellow, 2011 - Photographs of Dynamo and Daylight blue, sky blue, medium blue, yellow, 2011






No comments:

Post a Comment