Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Pantheon in Paris was quite spectacular.  From the outside, it didn't look that large to me, but the inside changed my mind. The middle of the 1st floor had this exquisite marble design. On the right of the building were these Roman esque styled paintings. What I was even more excited was to visit the crypt. I knew Marie Curie was buried their but I had no idea many other French influences would be there. One such was Victor Hugo who wrote the famous, Les Miserables book. Not going to lie, I kept singing the final song of the Les Miserables song from the movie during this tour.
Hugo's grave marker

Right side of the Pantheon. 
  Musee Rodin and Musee D'Orsey were the stops next on adventure through Paris.

 I don't know if it's just my personal opinion or something, but I couldn't find interest in the Musee Rodin. I respect the artist but I honestly have little interest in fine art. Instead, I found myself looking more so at the design of the Rodin House. It was this chateau styled house with a garden in the back. It reminded me closely of Marie Antoinette's Petit Triannon. Which is why I think I fell in love with it. The stair case/main hall was exact to a t to the Petit. Upstairs was this round room with a beautiful light blue paint. The light shown through this like crazy. 


Outside of Musee Rodin

Round room in Rodin
Musee D'Orsey was another thing I wasn't too interested in. What really sparked my interest was the Dark Romanticism exhibition-The Angel of Odd. This included works from Max Ernst, Francisco Goya and Carlos Schwabe. Even though I'm not into fine art much, I'm into the creepy and eery things that roam this earth, and these works included them. Paintings about death, cults, mythology and creatures that go bump in the night all were included in this exhibition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment