Friday, May 31, 2013

Opera-Versailles version 2.0

I tend to cry a lot with viewing the beautifully constructed Baroque styled buildings in Paris. Versailles was defiantly one of them early on, but visiting the Opera was certainly an experience that was so inspiring to me. Going into the Opera, the interior has this celebrated golden and decadent pattering that illuminati every inch of the building. It reminded me highly of Versailles interior, thus the continuous picture taking begun.

There was this long hall that reminded me of the Hall of Mirrors in Versailles. The long corridor had paintings and golden bordering on the ceiling. Chandeliers hung from the ceiling like ornaments.

The amphitheater had this soft lightening that surrounded its circular dome. It was great for picture taking.

In an off center room, most likely used for a meeting area, was this dark romantic styled interior. Everything was nearly black with gold trim. On the ceiling were bats flying. It resembles a dark romantic style feel to the building.

Going through the Opera, I was memorized by the library of musical performance books. Some of the books I saw went all the way back to the 1500’s. I just happened to stumble upon two musical books written by Mozart.


I think what I got even more hyped up about was the beautifully designed costumes from past performances on display in the halls. What struck me was that even though these were meant to amplify the meaning of the character in the dance or opera, these designs were works of art. The intricate detailing was simply amazing. The Opera had information on how they create the costumes. It was remarkable to know that one person could put such detail and attention into each costume. Even from the most simple of costumes, you could easily see the care it took into designing, production and finalization of each piece.







No comments:

Post a Comment