Thursday, May 30, 2013

Maison La Roche


During our tour of a beautiful house designed by Le Corbusier, we were asked to take a critical look at how Corbusier’s talents overlap throughout his different mediums. Le Corbusier, is a sculpture, an architect and a painter, some vastly different mediums and ways of thinking. As I was moving throughout the house, keeping his paintings and his sculptures in mind, I felt like this was going to be an impossible task. His paintings and his sculptures have a lot going on, its very jumbly (a word used by our class to describe busy).  His house was clean and strict, with harsh lines and angles, some curves here and there, but for the most part it was very modern. Below are the three photos that I felt best describes his work.

After taking in my surroundings, looking for Le Corbusier's eye, I started looking in my own way. Below are a couple photos of things within the house that really got me. 
^a view from windows in the gallery inside the house^



No comments:

Post a Comment