Thursday, May 30, 2013

Maison de Verre


Maison de Verre 

All I can say is that this house was probably one of the most beautiful modern houses I have ever seen. I love that the house was both meticulously planned out and full of sporadic decisions influenced by the clients. Our tour guide was a true gem too. I loved all of the background he was able to give us about the house and I thought the role playing was amusing. I thought it was a bit funny though that he definitely was under the assumption that we were all architecture students. 





Back to the house though, I really wish we would have been able to take pictures. I could have sat in it for hours just taking in the gardens and the light coming in from the glass brick wall. I think what I loved so much about it was that it definitely was a very modern home but you could definitely still feel and as weird as this sounds smell that it was a home, and a place that you could feel comfortable living. It wasn’t a cold building like you might
expect it to be. 


I unfortunately didn’t get to take too many notes because I was far too busy listening to our tour guide and trying not to miss any detail of the house because it had so many hidden details to it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment