Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Minimalism...what the hell?

Going to the La Roche house confused me at first. It was so minimal compared to other museums such as Rodin and Versailles, that I was disgusted. Walking inside, it was completely bare. Of course there was photos to show what the house look like before, but I was wishing it was still all-intact. It would have made me a lot more interested in it. The first room I went into was the dinning room. Here was a table, a couple of chairs and a shag rug from the 60’s. Then I wanted to find the gallery space. In my mind, this was the best room since it was filled with furniture. I didn’t get why only the dinning room and gallery space only had a full interior.




In class, we were asked to discuss how Corbusier used his paintings as motivate for his designs. I only truly found this through his gallery space. Here, it held the same color in his painting that was hung on the wall. The dark brown, white, black and cerulean blue that was seen in the painting was found in either the interior space or furniture. Even the gallery space included the circular and linear quality that was found in the painting. The roundness of the room reminded me of the head in the painting. The curvature and black table reminded me of the lines and circles included in the painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment